The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Friday, August 26, 2011

The Mountain, to be read from the bottom first


                                                                              the top
                                                                         state, and then
                                                                         famous robot
                                                                      I begin to feel my
                                                          The slog continues up and up until
                                                   I pause and catch my breath on the side of the trail
                                      The views sweep off in every direction, majestic and entrancing
                       Suddenly, the trees are gone and all is rock and boulders, stretching towards the summit
                The elevation rises but I keep my mind on other things, like the birdsong and the warm sunshine
       The going gets a little rough and I am obliged to stop for a swig of water from my bottle, sweat beading
At the beginning I speed, running up the trail and feeling light as a dandelion, singing to the trees and laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.