The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Long Time No Blog

The first few days, it's easy
Like abandoning your homework or
Skipping your early morning run
So ridiculously free feeling
I sigh and sit back in my chair
Feet propped up
As the days grow to a week
A weed begins to grow in my stomach
Curling around my chest and
Constricting my breath
I realize soon enough
What it really is
I miss you
Quilt of Dragonflies
I really do
Every day without you
Becomes incomplete
A story without an ending
A song without tune
Tonight
I rush to the computer
Wait impatiently as the screen comes to life
Tap furiously at the keyboard
Three words

I
Am
Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.