The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, December 5, 2011

Cauldron

Witches cauldron
Bubbling and boiling, filled with
Unlikely ingredients. This is my life
Stewing and simmering
Seething and adding
A pinch of stress
A dash of bliss
Together, magical
The commotions and conundrums of
Everyday life, living in the great iron pot
Melting and mixing into a blend
Sweet and sour, hints
Parts of me strew casually around
Tablespoon of love. Smidgen of tranquility.
In with the warts and toads eyes
There are things beautiful
Disgusting, yes. Melancholy, yes. But beautiful too.
Stirring the pot is the witch.
Watching me with blood shot eyes and gap toothed grin.
She smiles, waiting to see
What I will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.