The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Serious Topic

When the mountains begin to cry
No longer reach up towards the sky
My faith in humankind is lost
My heart and soul are made of frost
The ice is melting into the sea
Yet it is growing inside of me
Plastic washes onto the shore
Bottles and wrappers and trash galore
People are responsible for the Earth's mess
If only we could survive with less
An icy dagger pierces my breast
It's time to put humans to the test
A single tear falls from my eye
As acid rain pours from the sky
Our planet is spiraling out of control
Destined to shatter, how can it stay whole?
I will do all I can to save my home
The land where animals freely roam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.