The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Sunday, June 3, 2012

Graduation

Spitting rain and the umbrellas
Pop up like daisies
In somber shades of black and grey
The speakers rise to the occasion
And as words form and programs are passed around
The rain stops
Several seconds the sun is out
The weather understands that this
Is not a day for rain
White dresses, roses, blazers
Do we want to say goodbye?
A few tears, laughs,
Memories in abundance
Cigars and the smoke makes me choke
Maybe I'm choking on something else
Something intangible
Photographs
Smiles and bright futures
Shining through the rain, which has started again
Refreshments, families
In every sense of the word
We hear of this school as a way of life
Never to be forgotten
The graduating class of 2012
Congratulations
Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.